Holocaust Heritage & Learning Centre
The HSFA is working with the University of Huddersfield to create a permanent Holocaust Heritage and Learning Centre in the heart of West Yorkshire. The Centre will be a lasting and permanent legacy for Yorkshire-based Holocaust survivors and refugees, and will create opportunities for young people, teachers, students and people from across the community to learn about the Holocaust and its relevance to today's world. The HSFA is a registered charity creating this new development which will be generously hosted free of rent and charges by the University of Huddersfield.
The centre will be located in Heritage Quay, the University's new state-of-the-art archive exhibition and research centre. It will be the only publicly accessible exhibition dedicated to the Holocaust in the north of England, and the first to be located in a university setting. The centre will be a facility for the whole community and will offer:
- A public exhibition, telling the story of the Holocaust through unique objects, documents and personal survivor testimony
- Learning programmes for schools and colleges, focusing on the experiences of Holocaust survivors and the continuing relevance of the Holocaust today
- Events and programmes for community groups
- An archive collection consisting of personal documents, photographs and filmed testimony, accessible through the Heritage Quay facilities
- A focus for researching and commemorating the Holocaust in the north of England.
To date HSFA has secured £59,700 in development funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund to develop our plans and we will be submitting a bid for further funding to the HLF later this year. In order to make our plans a reality we need to raise £50,000 in match funding, and to do this we need your help.
Please give a donation to support our campaign. 100% of the money raised will be used to make the Holocaust Heritage and Learning Centre a reality. All those who contribute will, with their permission, be acknowledged within the exhibition.
Thank you for your support.