Reach Charity Ltd - Association For Children With Upper Limb Deficiency
You may have a child in your family with an upper limb deficiency or you know someone who has? Reach is a support group run by families to give them the opportunity to meet others, offer advice and support.
Each year, babies are born in the UK missing part of one or both arms and hands. Added to these are a small number of children who lose limbs or parts of limbs due to traumatic incidents or necessary surgery.
For many of the families of these children it is the first time that they will have come across such a disability. Reach aims to provide the affected families with the opportunity to get together, share experiences and information about what to do (or not to do) and where to go for advice regarding treatment and to help them realise that they are not alone.
- local branches which provide support and an opportunity for children and parents to meet
- national office providing advice and support
- quarterly newsletter Within Reach
- Insurance cover for the childs good arm (covers UK residents from age 2 as long as they are Reach members)
- Hire scheme for one-handed Recorders
- Bursary Grants to eligible applicants
- Annual Activity Week for Reach children
- Socialising and Networking with other families