Forest of Avon Trust
Welcome to the Forest of Avon Trust. We are the locally based charity for trees in and around Bristol.
We fundamentally believe that trees play a vital role in our quality of life now and in the future. We work with people across the area to promote the many benefits of trees and get many more trees planted. We work closely with schools and communities to develop and deliver projects, fostering local community action. We also work with owners to improve existing woodlands and campaign to save those under threat.
Over the last three years our work has included:
- Delivering 22 mini-orchards to local schools, working with local businesses to fund these;
- Donating over 4,500 free native trees/ shrubs to schools and communities across the area;
- Providing advice and support to over 25 organisations/ groups enabling them to plant trees;
- Delivering woodland awareness/ play activities for 15 schools;
- Developing and running activities for over 1,000 people with mental health needs, enabling them to access, enjoy and benefit from local woodlands; and
- Providing grants and management advice to 18 woodland owners.
We are a small, well- run charity and your donation really makes a difference. Examples include:
- £20 allows us to donate 10 trees and guards to communities in areas of low tree cover;
- £25 provides a high quality 1.5m apple or pear for a school or community orchard;
- £200 allows us to deliver tailored activity day for a school (or other group), raising environmental awareness and supporting learning;
- £350 provides funding to deliver tailored activity day for adults with learning disabilities (and support staff) in a local woodland;
- £5,000 pays for 10% of our annual running costs.