Forest of Avon Trust
Welcome to the Forest of Avon Trust.
We are a Bristol- based charity which is passionate about trees and woodlands and the difference they make to peoples’ lives.
We work across the Avon area to:
- Promote tree planting in gardens, streets, green spaces, or as woodlands;
- Engage all sections of the community in local woodlands and green spaces;
- Inspire this and the next generation about the benefits of outdoor learning;
- Support owners in managing and improving existing trees and woodlands;
- Promote strategic woodland creation and wider Community Forest principles; and
- Campaign for woodlands under threat.
Mike Dilger, our patron, explains more in Tree action in and around Bristol
Recently, our work has included:
- Delivering 22 mini-orchards to local schools, working with local businesses to fund these;
- Providing advice and support to over 30 organisations/ groups enabling them to plant trees;
- Developing and running woodland activities for over 1,000 people with mental health needs;
- Working with over 30 schools to support outdoor learning; and
- Providing grants and management advice to 25 woodland owners.
See how our Forest School Leaders training builds outdoor learning techniques in this clip.
How you can help!
We are an adaptable, well-run charity and your donation really makes a difference. Here’s how:
Become a Friend of the Forest of Avon Trust to receive regular newsletters, a free Tree Dedication, a half- price potted fruit tree and to support our work
Celebrate a loved one or mark a special event by making a Tree Dedication and receive a personal certificate and also help care for a local community woodland
Donation of 10 native shrubs/ trees and guards to communities in areas of low tree cover
Donation of a high- quality 1.5m apple/ pear for a school or community group
A tailored activity day for a school (or other group), raising environmental awareness and supporting learning
A tailored woodland activity day for adults with learning disabilities (and support staff)
Supports 10% of our annual running costs.
Thank you for your support.