The Aisling Project
The Aisling Return to Ireland Project is a London based charitable organisation working with Irish emigrants who are vulnerable, homeless and alone. The Aisling Project helps Irish men and women to reconnect with their homeland and enables vulnerable Irish people to return home to Ireland to live in a supportive environment.
The aims of the Aisling Project are:
- Reaching out to Irish people who are vulnerable, isolated and alone.
- Providing supported holidays in Ireland for long-term emigrants, fulfilling what is for many a dream of seeing their homeland again.
- Helping long-term emigrants reconnect with their families and friends.
- Helping long-term emigrants resettle in Ireland.
- Offering a friendly supportive service in an environment that encourages self-worth and personal development.
- Building trust in order to develop future support and continuing friendship.