ASH Wales Cymru
Action on Smoking and Health (ASH) Wales Cymru is the leading organisation working for a smokefree Wales.
Our mission is to achieve a smokefree Wales by working for strong tobacco control policy. We raise awareness of the health, social and economic effects of smoking by collaborating with communities, young people and partners across Wales.
We work on projects, campaigns and policy in order to achieve a reduction in, and eventual elimination of, the health problems associated with smoking and tobacco use.
What we do
- We communicate the issues relating to smoking and tobacco use in Wales
- We build effective networks of interested parties working in tobacco control in Wales
- We help to prevent youth uptake of smoking, and support young people to quit, through our effective youth project The Filter
- We provide support and advocacy to individuals and projects in the tobacco control arena, and to those who are not adequately represented in public health policy or practice
- We lobby for public health measures to protect the health of all people in Wales from the harm caused by smoking and tobacco