Nema works with communities in rural Northern Mozambique to help them permanently eradicate poverty. Through tackling every problem that locks communities into poverty, our projects overlap and re-enforce each other creating stronger foundations for continued development.
Today, Nema works with 16 communities with a combined population of 24,000. Projects include:
- Access to clean water
- School meals
- Construction of primary schools
- Secondary scholarships
- Malaria training & net distribution
- Nutrition workshops
- Youth Football HIV
- Care for orphaned & vulnerable children
- Care for HIV+ families
- Enterprise development
- Maternal & infant care
- Agricultural associations
- Fishermans marine conservation
Nema was established in 2006 alongside multi-award winning Guludo Beach Lodge to act as an independent charity to implement local projects. While Nema builds strong foundations for development, Guludo stimulates the local economy, ensuring development is sustained and empowering.
All administration costs are covered by Guludo and JoJo Maman Bebe, therefore 100% of ALL donations go straight to our grass root projects.
Nema Foundation is a UK registered charity (no. 1113131) operating in Northern Mozambique where it is registered as an NGO.
If you would like your donation to go to a specific project please make the donation here and email us firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know which project you would like to support. Examples include:
- £100 for a years secondary school scholarship
- £50 to feed a child for a year at school
- £15 a school desk
- £5 a malaria workshop and mosquito net for a mother
- £1 a nutrition workshop for a family