The Grantham Canal Society
- Our latest Appeal is for:
New Lock Gates
The Grantham Canal Society has an opportunity to replace two unsafe gates with new ones. An offer to supply them ‘at cost’ has been made by the manufacturers, Hargreaves Lock Gates. This will reduce our costs by over 30%!!
- We must not miss this opportunity!!! So far we have raised just over 50% of the cost – thanks to generous donations from supporters.
- We now need to raise a further £14,500 quickly.
- Please will you help us? How? By making a donation, preferably with Gift Aid and, should you feel able, perhaps make it a regular monthly donation.
- Thank you for your interest in the waterway.
By raising funds, the aim of the Grantham Canal Society is to complete the restoration of the Grantham Canal, and to promote its use by the communities through walking, cycling, angling, bird watching, canoeing and boating. Take a walk along the canal towpath and enjoy the tranquility of your surroundings. Watch for the Kingfisher in the Harlaxton cutting and for the swans and their cygnets. Just look - and enjoy! You can make a difference - go on!
See our website: www.granthamcanal.org Perhaps you would like to hire our trip boat and view the countryside, swans and Kingfisher from the water? Phone 01476 570759 for details.