Urban Development Music Foundation
There are 4.5 million 16-24 year olds in the UK. 1 million of them are out of work. They don’t just lack work, they lack hope.
Music can change this.
- It encourages them to aim higher
- Develop their creativity
- And their life skills
- And for some, it can even be a job
The music industry provides 130,000 UK jobs and generates £6 billion for the UK economy every year.
Since 1999, Urban Development has supported thousands of young people. Our work transforms lives. We need this work to continue.
We #daretodream. They #daretodream. Do you?
Working with the highest calibre of the music industry, young people at Urban Development experience life from the grass roots up to the main stage.
- We teach industry-relevant singing, songwriting, performance and production skills
- And the business of music
- We provide work experience and careers seminars
- And give our most talented their first start in the industry
Like you, we recognise the value of cultural democracy and the need to nurture in the heart of our communities the key players of tomorrow.
The music must play on. Working together we can all #daretodream
To donate and help us support more young people #daretodream