Hillingdon Carers is an independent charity that delivers a wide range of local support services to meet the needs of carers in the London Borough of Hillingdon.
We can provide:
- Information and advice about all issues affecting carers, including benefits, breaks, respite and support services, carer assessment procedures, aids and adaptations
- Emotional support for carers to talk through their concerns, thus helping to alleviate isolation and stress.
- Community consultation – carers need a unified voice in any locality to ensure that they have an impact on decision-making. By working with other agencies and consulting carers, Hillingdon Carers can have an influence on local policy, planning procedures and outcomes.
- Advocacy – at tribunals, assessments, case reviews, assistance to access funds and services, or whenever a carer needs a friend or supporter.
- Practical help – befriending, breaks, benefits advice.
- Training and education – in skills often needed by carers, such as moving and handling, first aid, from personal development to stress reduction through relaxation and counselling
- Fun – time out, breaks, the opportunity to enjoy a social life, taking into account carers special needs and sense of isolation
- Information, Advice and Support for carers of all ages includes drop-in Advice Centre for Carers in Uxbridge, websites, written information, provision of Carer Advisors, benefit checks, advocacy, home visiting service, availability at venues across the borough.
- Health and Wellbeing Services for adult carers includes GP outreach service, advocacy with health services, development work with health services, drop-in cafes for carers, relaxation sessions, counselling, arts courses, training for carers, step up support to access other leisure services.
- Young Carers Services includes one to one support, specialist support for children and young people affected by substance misuse of an adult, Saturday Clubs for fun activities with other young carers and learning opportunities, school holiday activities, residential breaks, advocacy with education and training providers.
You can also view a short video about us by using the link below.
Hillingdon Carers Video