Art with a Heart
Art with a Heart is a registered charity and not for profit organisation founded by artist Karen Wroe, formalised and constituted in July 2012. We are an Arts and Hertiage Centre based in Altrincham.
Our aim is to inspire the community through Arts and Heritage, while supporting the development of young adults and improving the health and well-being of the local community. This is achieved by utilsing the benefits if engaging in the Arts and Heritage.
In 2014, we helped to raise the awareness of the local history and develop the arts by:
- Attracting more than 9,700 visitor to the Centre or free
- Delivering more than 4,494 volunteers hours
- Organising and running more than 8 Art Exhibitions, 8 workshops and 8 Heritage Displays
- Hosting a free creative area during our opening hours, between 10am to 5pm, Wednesday to Sunday
- Support and running a number of outreach events, including dressing empty units with Art Exhibitions over a 12 month period
For 2015, we ran 12 workshops, 10 Art Exhibitions, 8 Heritage Displays and 12 Vintage Teas, through the support of our volunteers and interns. We received a highly commended from the North West In Bloom judges for our artistic contribution to the North West In Bloom campain.
We plan to exapnd the number of activities in 2016, including a Volunteer Training Programme and further outreach project
Art with a Heart is also proud to be the organiser and host of the annual Altrincham Open Exhibition and the Trafford Schools Open
All this is made possible with the support of our volunteers and various fund-raising campaigns and activities