Bliss, the special care baby charity, are celebrating 30 years of helping sick and premature babies. Here is how your fantastic fundraising efforts can help to save more tiny lives.
One in every 9 babies in the UK is born either premature or sick. That’s over 80,000 babies every year with one being admitted to special care every six minutes.
The vital care that babies receive after birth can have a profound impact on the rest of their lives. For families struggling to cope, this will be one of the most difficult, emotional and stressful times of their lives.
Bliss is the UK charity working to provide the best possible care and support for all premature and sick babies and their families.
We believe that:
- Babies should have the same rights as anyone else
- The voices of babies and families must be heard
- Driving quality and innovation in the NHS that will deliver improved care for premature and sick babies and their families
- We achieve more by working together with individuals and organisations
- We must always be able to demonstrate the difference we make to the lives of babies and their families
Bliss is active across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, delivering a range of nationally available services.
“Bliss was invaluable in helping us to understand what Tom was going through, and we knew they would be there for us if we needed more advice or support.”
Rebecca Kingsley, mother of Tom Benford, born at 26 weeks.