Durness Development Group Ltd
Durness Development Group are a community trust on the remote North West coast of Scotland. We are involved in a dynamic range of projects all centred around sustainable community growth and development.
'We work with and for the Community of Durness to enable our Parish to continue to be a sustainable and thriving place in which to live and work.'
Currently we are working on a diverse range of projects:-
- The Community Land purchase of the area around the lighthouse at Cape Wrath. D.D.G. are currently working on fundraising for the proposed community purchase of this iconic local attraction.
- We are working towards building a harbour in Loch Eriboll to ensure safe and equitable access to the sea for all and revitalise the local economy.
- The Health Hub- is a wraparound extension to the existing Village Hall which will provide a fitness suite and treatment room and improve the wellbeing of the whole community.
- Affordable Housing, we recently renovated a property and rent that out to a family. This provides us with a modest income and helps towards meeting a housing shortage. Our long term aim is to build or renovate more houses, investigate the potential for an element of respite care.
- Youth Work. D.D.G. currently employ three part-time youth workers who run a full calendar of events for the local Youth Club.
Please give generously to help us acheive these aims. Thank you.