Friends of the Royal Marines Museum
Make History - Friends of the Royal Marines Museum
The new Royal Marines Museum will open at the heart of naval heritage in Portsmouth Historic Dockyard, alongside HMS Victory, in early 2020. The project is called SeaMore and will provide a completely modern, state of the art museum, with the latest technology and lots of hands-on activities. It will tell the Corps’ story to the 750,000 visitors a year to the Historic Dockyard - a unique tale of daring, duty and sacrifice that is an important part of the history of our nation.
Why Should You Contribute?
• Because this is YOUR story: The story of all those serving or who have served in the Corps, and their families, associations and organisations – and it needs to be told.
• Because this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to give the Corps a magnificent and lasting memorial of its remarkable operations, culture and ethos. This extraordinary new museum will enable visitors and future generations to witness the outstanding contribution we have made to the nation over more than 350 years.
• Because we have benefited from generous grants from the Chancellor and Heritage Lottery Fund totalling £15M and now we have to raise £2.5M of our own to make the scheme to work.
How Can You Contribute?
A donation of £2.50 per week is less than the cost of a single pint of beer – not a large dent in the average ‘run ashore’! You can donate:
• £10.00 per month for 12 months, total £120, which is less than £2.50 per week.
• or £120.00 in a single donation.
• or a more generous amount, if you are able!
Please remember to sign up for Gift Aid too! This means a donation of £120 will be worth £150 to us.
And make sure you tell us your rank and which part of the Corps Family.
We will contact you in 12 months to ask if you wish to continue supporting the scheme.
Data will be held by the Friends of the Royal Marines Museum and the Royal Marines Museum. It will only be used for purposes relating to the scheme. Please state your preferred contact method and whether you wish to opt-in to future mailings.