The Prince's Foundation for Children and the Arts
The Prince’s Foundation for Children & the Arts is an educational charity committed to helping children experience the arts in a high quality and sustained way.
We provide access for young people who would otherwise grow up having had no or very limited opportunity to engage with the arts. Children who take part are drawn from both urban and rural areas of deprivation and come from a variety of backgrounds. Many have behavioural and learning difficulties.
Thousands of children leave school having never set foot in an art gallery, watched a performance in a theatre or listened to an orchestra play live. Children & the Arts works to redress this balance and encourage in children a long term engagement with the arts.
The arts have the power to transform children’s lives and have a proven positive impact on their development resulting in:
- Unlocking talent
- Raising aspirations
- Improving self-esteem and confidence
- Developing intellectual, social and emotional skills
- Developing physical skills
- Making children feel comfortable in cultural venues
- Encouraging creativity, experimentation and fun
- Changing behaviour and attitudes to learning
Through our work children learn that cultural venues are welcoming, accessible and exciting places to visit