Bromley Youth Music Trust is an independent music service nationally renowned for providing a very high quality comprehensive and inclusive instrumental and vocal music education to the young people of Bromley and surrounding areas, as well as providing opportunities for performance in a wide range of settings to enhance the musical understanding and appreciation of pupils and the wider community.
This is achieved in schools through:
- Individual and group tuition
- Whole class instrumental tuition in Year 3 to all children in every primary school in the borough
- Whole class bands as progression paths in both primary and secondary schools
- The opportunity to perform as a school ensemble or choir in Fairfield, Croydon as part of the biennial Bromley Schools Proms
- CPD, curriculum support and bespoke projects with BYMT's Primary Schools Advisory Music Teacher
Opportunities at BYMT's music centres include:
- Structured bands, choirs, chamber music, keyboard classes, orchestras, & Music Theatre, for all ages and abilities including adults
- Classes for 'early years'
- Regular public performance opportunities in quality venues both locally and nationally
- Regular holiday courses, workshops and masterclasses
- Annual concert tours in Europe for the most advanced musicians
- Participation in National Festivals.
BYMT WHERE MUSIC CHANGES LIVES!