The Police Rehabilitation Centre
Founded in 1890 by Miss Catherine Gurney OBE and based in Hove, West Brighton until the Centre moved to its present location in South Oxfordshire in 1988.
Every year, at Flint House, a team of highly skilled physiotherapists and healthcare professionals assist over 3,500 injured police officers to get back to full operational health. Through an ever increasing range of specialist intensive treatments and care services, the focus of everyone working at Flint House is on assisting officers back to duty quickly, effectively and with long lasting results. The Centre offers a residential, holistic environment for the undertaking of intensive rehabilitation, mental health support, physiotherapy, and health & wellbeing, supported with complementary treatments including health classes, aromatherapy, Pilates, and all backed by comprehensive treatment and medical facilities.
The main income of the Centre derives from a small weekly charity payroll donation by serving officers within the 29 forces covered by the Centre, plus a small number of independent donations and ex gratia grant funds. No regular income is received from government or local authorities.
Flint House is highly regarded by officers who have experienced the Centres environment and is consistently credited with assisting in the return of officers to full duties earlier than expected.