It's a Penalty Campaign
It's a Penalty Campaign harnesses the power of sport to protect vulnerable children from exploitation and abuse.
Around major global sporting events the campaign:
RAISES AWARENESS about the issue of child exploitation and abuse, especially child sexual exploitation;
EDUCATES people about the penalties for offenders;
EQUIPS sporting fans & tourists with the necessary tools to report a crime in brazil;
ENCOURAGES people to ‘IF YOU SEE SOMETHING SAY SOMETHING!’
IMPACT TO DATE:
WORLD CUP BRAZIL 2014
- The campaign film with Gary Lineker, David Luiz, Alan Shearer, Frank Lampard, Ramires and Oscar was shown on British Airways
- There were 11,252 calls to the national crisis line that It’s a Penalty campaign promoted on its platforms.
- Every call made is a child protected
OLYMPICS & PARALYMPICS IN RIO 2016 (to date – full impact report by November 2016)
As part of the Rio 2016 Sustainability and Legacy Programme for Rio 2016, It’s a Penalty campaign film with Usain Bolt, Denise Lewis, Tanni Grey Thompson, David Luiz and Francois Pienaar was shown on the giant screens inside the Olympic Park reaching 500,000 sporting fans during the games.
· The It's a Penalty campaign film, was shown in-flight on 9 international airlines throughout the months of July, August and September, reaching 40 million passengers worldwide.
· On the ground in Brazil, throughout the Olympics and Paralympics games thousands of wristbands, flyers and posters, were distributed by 700 volunteers in Rio and the other hosting cities, reaching 120,000 sporting fans, with the key campaign messages of awareness, education and reporting mechanisms.
· The global social media campaign launched as part of It’s a Penalty is expected to have reached upwards of 74 million people.
It’s a Penalty is now planning to run the campaign:
- 2018 Winter Olympics and Paralympics PyeongChang, South Korea
- 2020 Olympics and Paralympics Tokyo
- 2022 Football World Cup Qatar
Prevention is better than cure.
Your donation makes our important work possible.