Initiatives of Change
When people change...
Initiatives of Change is a diverse, global network committed to building trust across the worlds divides. It works on the principle that changes in peoples motives, attitudes and behaviour are not only possible but are the only sure basis on which wider lasting change in society can be brought about.
For over 70 years IofC has brought people of diverse backgrounds and faiths together. It has provided a rallying point for individuals and teams to work for justice, healing and human development, based on personal change starting in their own lives. Current initiatives are aimed at:
- Healing the wounds of history that sustain cycles of revenge, especially where cultures and civilizations meet.
- Strengthening the moral and spiritual dimensions of democracy, so challenging selfish interests and corruption.
- Helping individuals and families to counter the climate of blame and selfishness with a culture of care and personal responsibility.
- Strengthening the motivation of care and moral commitment in economic life and thinking, in order to create jobs, correct economic and environmental imbalance, and tackle the root causes of poverty.
- Rebuilding a sense of community and hope in cities and tackling the causes of racial and communal discrimination.
- Forging networks among people from different cultures and faiths based on a shared commitment to work for reconciliation, justice, and peace.