The Happy Africa Foundation's mission is to empower the African people through the support of community and conservation based initiatives that operate at grass roots level. It aims to promote for the benefit of the public in Africa the conservation, protection, and improvement for the physical and natural environment. Donations made to support Happy Africa's local community and environmental projects are managed and distributed by The Happy Africa Foundation (THAF). The foundation is dedicated to creating partnerships with donors and charitable organisations to facilitate resources for and to implement social change and environmental sustainability. We sincerely appreciate every effort you make towards raising funds for the Happy Africa Foundation. However, in accordance with the legislation set out by the UK Charities Commission these funds are not able to be used for personal gain or to fund your travel expenses to THAF projects.
23 July 2017
The 23/07 is the final run.
Please note Virgin Money Giving isn't responsible for the content fundraisers post on their pages, but if you see something you feel is offensive or inappropriate, please let us know and we'll look into it.
Running to make a difference
Hi, thanks for visiting my page.
I will be running a series of half marathons and 10km in London to raise funds for The Happy Africa Foundation between February and July, ending with a charity event. This is going to be a huge challenge physically and mentally, including all the training.
- Winter Run 2017 – Sunday 5th February 2017 – 6.2 miles / 10km
- Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park 10km Series – Stratford – Saturday 4th March 2017 - 6.2 miles / 10km
- Sunday 9th April 2017 – Regents Park half marathon – 13.1 miles (21.10km)
- Hackney Half Marathon 2017 – Sunday 30th April 2017 – 13.1 miles
- Sunday 21st May 2017 – Wimbledon half marathon – 13.1 miles (21.10km)
- Saturday 27th May – Lee Valley Velo Park Race- half marathon – 13.1 miles
- Saturday 3rd June 2017 - Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park 10km Series – Stratford - 6.2 miles / 10km
- Sunday 11th June 2017 Finsbury Park – 10km – 6.2 miles
- Sunday 2nd July 2017 - Great Newham London Run - 6.2 miles / 10km
- Sunday 9th July 2017 – British 10k run - 6.2 miles / 10km
- Sunday 23rd July 2017 – Richmond half marathon – 13.1 miles (21.10km)
THAF does fantastic work, enriching people’s lives through implementing improved health and nutrition infrastructures, building opportunities for better education, creating safe places for children to play and helping to generate sustainable sources of income for families. Fore more information visit - https://happyafricafoundation.org
Virgin Money Giving is a not for profit organisation and will claim gift aid on a charity's behalf where the donor is eligible for this.
I really appreciate all your support and thank you for any donations xx
Luke £10.00 (+ £2.50 giftaid)
26.03.17 Good luck Shilla!
Anonymous £5.00 (+ £1.25 giftaid)
04.03.17 Good luck Shilla xx
Darrel £30.00 (+ £7.50 giftaid)
10.02.17 Shilla its gonna be a long road but I know you will preserve and put it to bed mate and what a good cause good luck.
Sam £10.00 (+ £2.50 giftaid)
Doug M £10.00 (+ £2.50 giftaid)
10.02.17 Good luck Shilla.
Amoli £10.00 (+ £2.50 giftaid)
07.02.17 Good Luck Shilla!!!
Sarah McLeggan £10.00
07.02.17 Good luck with your training and long runs. Rather you then me!!!
Tom £10.00 (+ £2.50 giftaid)
Ann Gus & girls £10.00 (+ £2.50 giftaid)
28.01.17 You are fantastic. Such a wonderful thing to do.