Champion fundraiser Tim wins 25K donation for Starlight children's charity
22 April 2016
- London Marathon runner Tim Hutchen wins £25,000 donation for Starlight, the children’s charity
- The donation giveaway was made courtesy of Virgin Money Giving and MasterCard
- The donation means that Tim has now raised over £26,500 for Starlight
Children’s charity Starlight is £25,000 better off thanks to Tim Hutchen being named the winner of the Virgin Money Giving MasterCard £25,000 donation giveaway.
Any donation made to a London Marathon fundraiser’s Virgin Money Giving page using a MasterCard was entered into a prize draw and of the thousands of donations made, Tim was the lucky recipient.
Tim, from London, is running in the 2016 Virgin Money London Marathon on behalf of his chosen charity, Starlight, the charity that grants wishes to seriously and terminally ill children. They provide fun, entertainment, laughter and distraction for children in every children’s hospital ward and hospice throughout the United Kingdom. All of Starlight’s activities are aimed at distracting children from the pain, fear and isolation they can often feel as a result of their illnesses.
Thanks to the £25,000 donation, Tim’s fundraising total now stands at over £26,500 that will help to grant more wishes for seriously and terminally ill children.
Winning fundraiser Tim Hutchen said: "I am absolutely delighted and so pleased for Starlight, which is a great charity. I am very grateful to MasterCard for such a generous donation that will enable Starlight to continue their amazing work with such deserving children. I would also like to thank Virgin Money Giving for creating this opportunity and for the incredible fundraising service they provide for the London Marathon and so many other events throughout the year."
Alex Abbott from the Starlight fundraising team said: "We are thrilled to receive this grant from MasterCard and Virgin Money Giving. We very much appreciate their generosity and this kind donation of £25,000 will help Starlight build 8 new Starlight Fun Centres and provide entertainment for an estimated 3,500 sick children in hospital."
To sponsor Tim please visit his Virgin Money Fundraising Page at:http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/TimHutchen
Virgin Money Press Office:
0191 279 4676
NOTES TO EDITORS
About Virgin Money Giving
- Virgin Money Giving is the not-for-profit online fundraising website from Virgin Money and was established in 2009. Virgin Money uses its infrastructure and expertise as a financial services business to ensure that Virgin Money Giving is efficient and secure
- Virginmoneygiving.com is free for fundraisers, charges a flat registration fee of £100 + VAT for charities and a 2% fee on all donations before Gift Aid. For every £10 raised, charities receive £12.15. Virgin Money Giving charges charities the minimum fees needed to cover the running costs of the site. Any profit achieved after covering operating costs will go towards reducing fees further or improving services for fundraisers and charities
- Fundraisers can personalise their fundraising pages, send out email alerts and manage their fundraising events. They can include their own content, photos and links to their page as well as customise messages for their supporters. Fundraisers can also link their page to social networking sites. Virgin Money Giving also contains fundraising ideas and tips, offering help and advice to fundraisers on how to raise more for charity
- Virginmoneygiving.com is the official fundraising partner of events that include the Virgin Money London Marathon, Vitality Reading Half Marathon, Prudential Ride London, Virgin Money Cyclone and the Royal Half Parks Marathon.