Families First at Hartlepool Virgin Money Store to Celebrate £5M More
22 May 2013
- Tombolas, raffles and sponsored slim to be held at Hartlepool Store throughout May and June
- All money raised will go to Families First in Hartlepool
- Over £5 million more delivered to charity since Virgin Money Giving launched compared to main competitor
Staff at the Virgin Money Store in Hartlepool will be holding a variety of charity events including tombolas and raffles over the coming weeks to raise money for Hartlepool based charity, Families First.
Families First is celebrating its 25th Anniversary this year and its aim is to ensure that all residents in Hartlepool and its surrounding area, regardless of age or ability, enjoy a healthy and fulsome life and achieve to the very best of their capabilities.
The fundraising is part of a nationwide initiative from Virgin Money. All 75 Virgin Money Stores will be holding events for their local community to raise funds for local charities.
Gillian Morton, Virgin Money Store Manager in Hartlepool said: “We chose to support Families First as they do fantastic work in the local community and we hope to raise as much money as possible for them.”
Manager of Hartlepool Families First, Paul Thompson, said: “We are delighted to be working with Virgin Money on this fundraising initiative. We exist to improve the quality of life for children, young people and families, through a range of social, welfare and educational measures. The events should be fun and I’d like to thank everyone involved in advance. All donations can be made via our Virgin Money Giving page.”
"The store that raises the most money for their chosen charity will receive an additional bonus donation of £1,000 from Virgin Money to add to the funds raised."
Store Manager Gillian Morton and colleague Denise Branfoot, have also pledged to lose a stone in weight throughout the month of May. Denise said: “This will be very difficult for us both, especially with the temptation of our chocolate treat on a Friday!” Gillian and Denise have been brave enough to post a photo of their tummies as they are now and promise to post another at the end of May so you can track their progress. Anyone interested in supporting Gillian and the team’s efforts can either visit the Virgin Money Store in York Road, Hartlepool or online at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Hartlepool-VMStore
Virginmoneygiving.com is free for fundraisers, charges a flat registration fee of £100 + VAT for charities and a 2% fee on all donations before Gift Aid, which means for every £10 raised charities receive £12.15.
Fundraisers can personalise their fundraising pages, send out email alerts and manage their fundraising events. They can include their own content, photos and links to their page as well as customise messages for their supporters. Fundraisers can also link their page to social networking sites. Virgin Money Giving also contains fundraising ideas and tips, offering help and advice to fundraisers on how to raise more for charity.
Virgin Money Giving is the not-for-profit online fundraising arm of Virgin Money and was established in 2009. Virgin Money uses its infrastructure and expertise as a financial services business to ensure that Virgin Money Giving is efficient and secure.
- Ends -
Press Office Contacts
Tel: 0191 279 4676
NOTES TO EDITORS
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money provides savings, mortgages, credit cards, pensions, investment and protection products to over four million customers
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make “everyone better off” – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders
- Virgin Money is the official sponsor of the London Marathon, the biggest annual fundraising event in the world. Virgin Money leads the London Marathon sponsorship with the ambition to help runners raise £¼ billion over 5 years and will use its infrastructure, online capability and financial expertise to deliver that through Virgin Money Giving