Last chance for your charity to team up with Sir Richard Branson this Christmas
23 November 2015
- Virgin Money Giving offers the unique opportunity for one lucky charity to boost their Christmas campaign by reaching Sir Richard’s 26 million social media followers
- Only one week to go for charities to register their campaign with Virgin Money Giving
Christmas could come early for one lucky Virgin Money Giving charity by having their Christmas campaign promoted by Sir Richard Branson, who has offered this opportunity through Virgin Money Giving
To be in with a chance of winning, charities must register their Christmas campaign using Virgin Money Giving’s ‘Campaign Tool’, before the end of November – only one week to go. Virgin Money Giving will announce the winning campaign in early December. Charities can register their campaign at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sir Richard has agreed to support the winning charity’s Christmas campaign by promoting it to his 26 million plus followers, across Linkedin, Facebook and Twitter, enhancing visibility and providing a great opportunity for the winner to maximise their fundraising potential.
Sir Richard Branson said: "Social media has the power to bring about change, and to tell compelling stories to many people. I am delighted to get behind one deserving charity’s Christmas campaign this year and I hope that by spreading their message we can bring about a boost to their fundraising efforts.”
Virgin Money Giving’s online Campaign Tool allows charities to set up a bespoke fundraising page to support their particular campaign. Whatever the campaign, the tool brings together the charity, their fundraisers and donors, all united towards a specific goal.
Jo Barnett, Executive Director of Virgin Money Giving, said: “This is a fantastic opportunity for one lucky charity to have their Christmas campaign backed by Sir Richard Branson. We’re grateful to Richard for agreeing to throw his support behind the winning campaign, highlighting what the charity do and what their appeal is all about. Christmas is a time of giving and we are delighted that we can provide the winning charity with this early festive gift to help maximise their fundraising potential.”
More information can be found at: http://blog.virginmoneygiving.com/2015/11/06/have-your-charity-campaign-backed-by-branson/
Virgin Money Press Office:
0191 279 4676
NOTES TO EDITORS
About Virgin Money Giving
- Virgin Money Giving is the not-for-profit online fundraising website from Virgin Money and was established in 2009. Virgin Money uses its infrastructure and expertise as a financial services business to ensure that Virgin Money Giving is efficient and secure
- Virginmoneygiving.com is free for fundraisers, charges a flat registration fee of £100 + VAT for charities and a 2% fee on all donations before Gift Aid. For every £10 raised, charities receive £12.15. Virgin Money Giving charges charities the minimum fees needed to cover the running costs of the site. Any profit achieved after covering operating costs will go towards reducing fees further or improving services for fundraisers and charities
- Fundraisers can personalise their fundraising pages, send out email alerts and manage their fundraising events. They can include their own content, photos and links to their page as well as customise messages for their supporters. Fundraisers can also link their page to social networking sites. Virgin Money Giving also contains fundraising ideas and tips, offering help and advice to fundraisers on how to raise more for charity
- Virginmoneygiving.com is the official fundraising partner of events that include the Virgin Money London Marathon, Royal Parks Half Marathon, Nike Run to the Beat and the Virgin Money Cyclone
Virgin Money Holdings (UK) plc - Registered in England and Wales (Company No. 03087587). Registered Office - Jubilee House, Gosforth, Newcastle upon Tyne NE3 4PL.