Run to the Beat with Virgin Money Giving
26 September 2012
Run to the Beat with Virgin Money Giving
- Run to the Beat is London’s music half-marathon
- Starts at London’s iconic O2 Arena on 28th October
- Virgin Money Giving is the official charity fundraiser
Run to the Beat is a unique running event which provides live and recorded music around the course to inspire those taking part as they complete 13.1 miles.
Now in its fifth year, the half-marathon takes place on Sunday, 28th October 2012, starting and finishing at the O2 Arena in Greenwich. Around 18,500 runners will pass multiple stages on the Docklands course, featuring local and national and music talent en route. The main stage, featuring this year’s headline act, drum and bass and dubstep producer DJ Fresh, will be located at the start and finish line.
Not only is Virgin Money Giving the official fundraising partner of Run to the Beat, but from 1st October, runners who raise funds for good causes using the not-for-profit site will be entered into a prize draw to win a £2,012 donation to their chosen charity. The figure has been chosen to mark this iconic Jubilee year which has also seen the Olympics staged in the UK for the first time in more than 60 years.
Friends of those taking part are able to log on to the Virgin Money Giving site and make donations, secure in the knowledge that as Virgin Money Giving is a not-for-profit organisation, more of their donations will go to the participants’ chosen charities.
Virgin Money Giving has an excellent track record of supporting half marathons in the UK. In addition to Run to the Beat, Virgin Money Giving is the official fundraising partner of other major half marathons across the country, including Nottingham’s Robin Hood Half Marathon, the Royal Parks Half Marathon in London and the Cardiff Half Marathon. Last year, almost £3 million was raised through Virgin Money Giving by fundraisers competing in half marathons alone. Those taking part in the country’s biggest half marathon The Great North Run – which was run on Sunday 16 September – raised over £1 million through Virgin Money Giving for this event alone.
Alex Heasley, Head of Virgin Money Giving said: “Virgin Money Giving is proud to be the official fundraising partner of such a unique and inspiring event. Many competitors are raising funds for good causes, including Run to the Beat’s official charity partner, Leukaemia and Lymphoma Research; and they have chosen Virgin Money Giving for their fundraising because of its simplicity. I would like to wish those who are taking part in this year’s challenge the very best of luck in their run and their fundraising.”
To find out more about Run to the Beat, including full details of the route, please visit http://www.runtothebeat.co.uk/home.
To find out more about Virgin Money Giving please visit www.virginmoneygiving.com
0191 279 4676
NOTES TO EDITORS
Virgin Money Giving’s Make Your Mark in 2012 competition
So far 2012 has seen many highlights and this iconic year will most certainly go down in history. Whether fundraisers have already done something for charity, or plan to, we want to give them an extra reason to do something special in 2012.
We’re so proud of the efforts our fundraisers go to, we’re offering them the chance to win a £2,012 donation for their charity to make their fundraising count for more this year. Here’s how they could be in with a chance of winning a fantastic prize for their chosen cause:
- Set up a Virgin Money Giving fundraising page for any event taking place between 1 October and 31 December.
- All fundraisers who are taking part in an event which takes place in these months will be automatically entered into the draw as soon as they receive a donation to their page.
- There are three lots of £2,012 to give away.
- There’s a draw at the end of each month, so they’ll be included in the draw in the month their event takes place.
Full terms and conditions are available at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/giving/popup/make-your-mark-in-2012-tandcs.jsp
About Virgin Money Giving
- Virgin Money Giving is the not-for-profit online fundraising arm of Virgin Money and was established in 2009. Virgin Money uses its infrastructure and expertise as a financial services business to ensure that Virgin Money Giving is efficient, secure and offers a high quality service to all fundraisers, charities and those wanting to donate to charity online
- Virginmoneygiving.com is free for fundraisers, charges a flat registration fee of £100 + VAT for charities and a 2% fee on all donations before Gift Aid, which means for every £10 raised charities receive £12.15. Virgin Money Giving charges charities the minimum fees needed to cover the running costs of the site. Any money left over after covering operating costs will go towards reducing fees further or improving services for fundraisers and charities
- Fundraisers can personalise their fundraising pages, send out email alerts and manage their fundraising events. They can include their own content, photos and links to their page as well as customise messages for their supporters. Fundraisers can also link their page to social networking sites. Virgin Money Giving also contains fundraising ideas and tips, offering help and advice to fundraisers on how to raise more for charity
- Virginmoneygiving.com is the official sponsorship website of the Virgin London Marathon, Royal Parks Half Marathon, Virgin Active London Triathlon and Nike Run to the Beat, as well as the Virgin Money Cyclone