Virgin Money's Giffnock store raise funds for Cosgrove Care
24 June 2013
- Glasgow based Cosgrove Care provide vital services for those with learning disabilities and mental health issues
- Bag packing at Morrison’s raised over £150 for the charity
- Part of Virgin Money’s nationwide ‘5 Million Pennies’ campaign
Virgin Money Store staff in Giffnock recently held a charity bag packing event at their local Morrison’s to raise funds and awareness for Cosgrove Care.
Cosgrove Care is a charity based in the south side of Glasgow, which provides vital services for children and adults who have learning disabilities and mental health issues. Cosgrove Care currently supports around 120 people with an age range of 3 - 83 years. As a charity with a history of providing culturally sensitive services, Cosgrove Care encourages a culturally diverse way of life for everyone who uses their services.
The ‘5 Million Pennies’ fundraising campaign is part of a nationwide initiative from Virgin Money. All 75 Virgin Money Stores will be holding events for their local community to raise funds for local charities using Virgin Money Giving, the not-for-profit fundraising website at virginmoneygiving.com. Over £5 million more has reached charities since Virgin Money Giving launched due to its not for-profit-status, compared to its main competitor and over £150 million has been raised since the online fundraising service was launched in October 2009.
Jackie Bradshaw, Store Manager at Virgin Money in Giffnock said: “Cosgrove Care provides an important service to the local community and we are delighted to have raised over £150 in total for such an important cause. We had a great fun-day bag packing at Morrison’s and I would like to thank people for their generosity.”
Jackie added: “Online giving is an easy way for people to make donations to charity and people can find out more and donate at http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/giffnock-vmstore.”
- Ends -
Press Office Contacts
Tel: 0191 279 4676
NOTES TO EDITORS
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money provides savings, mortgages, credit cards, pensions, investment and protection products to over four million customers
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make “everyone better off” – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders
- Virgin Money is the official sponsor of the London Marathon, the biggest annual fundraising event in the world. Virgin Money leads the London Marathon sponsorship with the ambition to help runners raise £¼ billion over 5 years and will use its infrastructure, online capability and financial expertise to deliver that through Virgin Money Giving
About Virgin Money Giving
- Virgin Money Giving is the not-for-profit online fundraising arm of Virgin Money and was established in 2009 to support Virgin’s sponsorship of the London Marathon. Virgin Money uses its infrastructure and expertise as a financial services business to ensure that Virgin Money Giving is efficient and secure
- Virginmoneygiving.com is free for fundraisers, charges a flat registration fee of £100 plus VAT for charities, and a two per cent fee on all donations before Gift Aid, which means for every £10 raised, charities receive £12.15. Virgin Money Giving charges charities the minimum fees needed to cover the running costs of the site. Any money left over after covering operating costs will go towards reducing fees further or improving services for fundraisers and charities
- Fundraisers can personalise their fundraising pages, send out email alerts and manage their fundraising events. They can include their own content, photos and links to their page as well as customise messages to their supporters.
- Fundraisers can also link their page to social networking sites. Virgin Money Giving also contains fundraising ideas and tips, offering help and advice to fundraisers on how to raise more for charity.