Swindon Virgin Money store staff zumba for local charity
05 July 2013
- Charity Zumbathon to be held at 10am to on Sunday 14 July at Old Town Gardens, Swindon
- All money raised will go to Prospect Hospice in Swindon
- Over £5 million more delivered to charity since Virgin Money Giving launched compared to main competitor
Staff at the Virgin Money Store in Swindon will be holding a Charity Zumbathon on 14 July 2013 to raise money Prospect Hospice.
For thirty years Prospect has provided the only dedicated end of life care service for the 300,000 people living in the Wiltshire and Gloucester community – bringing care, comfort and confidence around the clock every day of the year. Their care has expanded and evolved over the years, and Prospect Hospice’s aim as they look to the future is to bring more care for patients and practical and emotional support for their carers and family. Prospect Hospice’s dedicated end of life care last year reached more than 1,850 people living with cancer and other serious conditions in Swindon, north Wiltshire, and also in Fairford and Lechlade in Gloucestershire. They cared for people in their own homes, in care homes, at the Great Western Hospital and at the Hospice in Wroughton.
The ‘5 Million Pennies’ fundraising campaign is part of a nationwide initiative from Virgin Money. All 75 Virgin Money Stores will be holding events for their local community to raise funds for local charities using Virgin Money Giving, the not-for-profit fundraising website at virginmoneygiving.com. Over £5 million more has reached charities since Virgin Money Giving launched due to its not-for-profit status, compared to its main competitor and over £150 million has been raised since the online fundraising service was launched in October 2009.
Helen Forster Store Manager at Virgin Money in Swindon said: “We are delighted to be hosting a Charity Zumbathon to raise funds for Prospect Hospice. We are really looking forward to showing off our Zumba moves and it should be a fun way to raise funds for an excellent cause. Prospect Hospice does fantastic work in the local community and we hope to raise as much as possible.”
Helen added: “Online giving is an easy way for people to make donations to charity and people can find out more and donate at www.Virginmoneygiving.com/Swindon-VMStore
- Ends -
Press Office Contacts
Tel: 0191 279 4676
NOTES TO EDITORS
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money provides savings, mortgages, credit cards, pensions, investment and protection products to over four million customers
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make “everyone better off” – this philosophy underpins our approach to business as we aim to offer good value to customers, treat employees well, make a positive contribution to society and deliver a profit to our shareholders
- Virgin Money is the official sponsor of the London Marathon, the largest one day annual fundraising event in the world. Virgin Money aims to help runners raise over £250 million over 5 years and will use its infrastructure, online capability and financial expertise to deliver that through Virgin Money Giving
About Virgin Money Giving
- Virgin Money Giving is the not-for-profit online fundraising arm of Virgin Money and was established in 2009. Virgin Money uses its infrastructure and expertise as a financial services business to ensure that Virgin Money Giving is efficient and secure
- Virginmoneygiving.com is free for fundraisers, charges a flat registration fee of £100 + VAT for charities and a 2% fee on all donations before Gift Aid. For every £10 raised, charities receive £12.15. Virgin Money Giving charges charities the minimum fees needed to cover the running costs of the site. Any profit achieved after covering operating costs will go towards reducing fees further or improving services for fundraisers and charities
- Fundraisers can personalise their fundraising pages, send out email alerts and manage their fundraising events. They can include their own content, photos and links to their page as well as customise messages for their supporters. Fundraisers can also link their page to social networking sites. Virgin Money Giving also contains fundraising ideas and tips, offering help and advice to fundraisers on how to raise more for charity
- Virginmoneygiving.com is the official sponsorship website of the Virgin Money London Marathon, Royal Parks Half Marathon, Virgin Active London Triathlon and Nike Run to the Beat, as well as the Virgin Money Cyclone