Virgin Money Belfast staff run for children's cancer fund
26 April 2013
- Virgin Money staff to run Belfast City Marathon for the Northern Ireland Cancer Fund For Children
- The fundraising is part of a nationwide initiative from Virgin Money to raise funds for local charities.
Staff at the Virgin Money Store in Belfast are donning their running shoes to take part in the Belfast City Marathon on the 6th May 2013 to raise money for Northern Ireland Cancer Fund for Children.
The fundraising is part of a nationwide initiative from Virgin Money. All 75 Virgin Money Stores will be holding events for their local community to raise funds for local charities.
Gary Cassidy, Store Manager at Virgin Money in Belfast said: “We are really looking forward to the run and we are also delighted to be hosting a Marathon event to raise funds for Northern Ireland Cancer Fund for Children. We look forward to welcoming our customers, their friends and family. It should be a fun way to raise funds for an excellent cause. Northern Ireland Cancer Fund for Children does fantastic work in the local community and we hope to raise as much money as possible”.
Gary added: “Online giving is an easy way for people to make donations to charity and people can find out more and donate at www.virginmoneygiving.com/Belfast-VMStore”
Gary is running alongside his Virgin Money store colleagues Stephen Elliman, Amanda Gama and Lynsey Sweeney. Virgin Money Giving is the not-for-profit online fundraising arm of Virgin Money and was established in 2009. Virgin Money uses its infrastructure and expertise as a financial services business to ensure that Virgin Money Giving is efficient and secure.
Virginmoneygiving.com is free for fundraisers, charges a flat registration fee of £100 + VAT for charities and a 2% fee on all donations before Gift Aid, which means for every £10 raised charities receive £12.15.
Unlike some other fundraising websites Virgin Money Giving does not take a penny in profit from the donations it receives. As a result more than £5 million more has been delivered to charities.
Virgin Money Giving enables fundraisers to personalise their fundraising pages, send out email alerts and manage their fundraising events. They can include their own content, photos and links to their page as well as customise messages for their supporters. Fundraisers can also link their page to social networking sites. Virgin Money Giving also contains fundraising ideas and tips, offering help and advice to fundraisers on how to raise more for charity.
- Ends -
Press Office Contacts
Tel: 0191 279 4676
NOTES TO EDITORS
About Virgin Money
- Virgin Money provides savings, mortgages, credit cards, pensions, investment and protection products to over four million customers.
- Virgin Money’s business ambition is to make “everyone better off” – this philosophy underpins our approach to business by offering good value to customers, treating employees well, making a positive contribution to society and delivering a profit to shareholders.
- Virgin Money is the official sponsor of the London Marathon, the biggest annual fundraising event in the world. Virgin Money leads the London Marathon sponsorship with the ambition to help runners raise £¼ billion over 5 years and will use its infrastructure, online capability and financial expertise to deliver that through Virgin Money Giving.