Virgin Money Giving launches new 'Campaigns' facility
5 Sept 2014
- An online tool for fundraising campaigns that brings together in one place the charities, their stories, and their supporters
- Exciting new functionality enables videos, images and social media to be shared through a central page
Virgin Money Giving has added a brand new facility to their online fundraising service through the launch of ‘Campaigns’, which offers an exciting new way for charities to bring supporters together for a good cause, or around a key fundraising activity, all in one central place.
Campaigns has a number of flexible features that include linking up fundraisers to a central point, viewing all donors who give to the specific cause in the campaign and fun-features like the addition of videos or twitter feeds to allow charities to tell their story. It also allows charities to create customised donations with images, so they can illustrate to donors what the money raised could be used for. Targets can be added and a running total of amount raised are also included.
All of the details can be found at: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/giving/campaigns/
The tool can be used to simply create an ‘appeal’ page, designed to raise money for a specific objective – such as a disaster appeal, or something as simple as ‘church roof repairs’.
A more involved use of the functionality could see Campaigns being used to develop an ‘event hub’ for charities that have different people or groups of people all raising money for the same good cause by tackling a specific challenge, or participating in a headline event such as The Virgin Money London Marathon. By bringing people together to see who else is taking part, and how much is being raised, the aim is to help fundraisers feel part of something bigger and motivate them to raise more.
A further use of Campaigns could be for charities to develop a corporate ‘Charity of the Year’ page, to bring together various fundraising activity undertaken by their corporate partner’s colleagues, and therefore offer a ‘one stop shop’ for all to see what is going on and how much has been raised.
Jo Barnett, Executive Director at Virgin Money Giving said: “We’re really proud of our new Campaigns functionality and in the field of online giving, we think this is pretty unique. Some of our charities told us that the ability to unify all of the elements of a fundraising campaign into one central page would be really efficient and useful, so that’s what we’ve done. Everyone involved can now go to a central page and see what’s going on. We hope it will create a great buzz around charities and their future fundraising initiatives.
“The launch of Campaigns has come in the same year as the launch of our mobile app and shortly after we announced that Virgin Money Giving fundraisers had broken through the £1/4 billion landmark in terms of fundraising since our launch. It has been an exciting year and this marks another important step on the journey.”
Paul Prothero is the leader of the Reigate and Cheam British Military Fitness (BMF) group and he is taking on a new challenge for 2015 – the Virgin Money London Marathon.
As an ex-member of the military and a personal trainer, he is a seasoned marathon runner, regularly completing sub- 3 hour marathons. In 2015, Paul is taking on a different kind of marathon challenge. He hopes to inspire a group of people from his BMF group to take on their own marathon challenge and has brought together a group of non-runners, old and young, who are up for that challenge.
Running a marathon is a major challenge in its own right, but Paul and his team are also aiming to raise £50,000 for the Children’s Trust through various fundraising activities leading up to and surrounding the big day.
Paul has chosen The Children’s Trust, a local charity based in Tadworth, half way between the two BMF sites. The Events Manager for the charity is a long standing member of the BMF group and has given them team places in the event. The Children’s Trust helps provide respite for parents and rehabilitation and education for children who have disabilities as a result of a brain injury, either at birth or acquired during childhood. The charity also supports children with severe and multiple disabilities.
Paul is pulling everything together into one event hub using Virgin Money Giving’s new Campaigns functionality.
2014 signifies the 5 year anniversary of the BMF group and Paul used this anniversary to hold a charity ball for all its past and present members. Using local contacts and volunteers Paul managed to raise over £14,000 from the one event alone. In total, Paul has raised over £17,000 so far.
Keep track of his progress: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/fund/TeamBMF
As a parent himself and due to be a Dad again for the third time in September, Paul admires the efforts of the charity.
Paul Prothero said: “As a parent I can only imagine the heartache of having to live with a child with significant medical needs and I think that the Children’s Trust is a truly worthy cause.”
In terms of his aspirations for his campaign and his use of Virgin Money Giving’s new Campaign tool he added:
“My job as a trainer is to inspire those around me to take on challenges relating to fitness, no matter what their skills, age or experience. The 2015 Virgin Money London Marathon just seemed to be the ideal project!
“I love the new Campaigns tool. It is so convenient to have everyone focussed on one place and to watch our combined efforts build-up. We can see who is doing what and where events are happening to help us hit our goal of £50,000. We’re currently at the £17,000 mark and counting.”
Tel: 0191 279 4676
NOTES TO EDITORS
About Virgin Money Giving
- Virgin Money Giving is the not-for-profit online fundraising arm of Virgin Money and was established in 2009. Virgin Money uses its infrastructure and expertise as a financial services business to ensure that Virgin Money Giving is efficient and secure
- Virginmoneygiving.com is free for fundraisers, charges a flat registration fee of £100 + VAT for charities and a 2% fee on all donations before Gift Aid. For every £10 raised, charities receive £12.15. Virgin Money Giving charges charities the minimum fees needed to cover the running costs of the site. Any profit achieved after covering operating costs will go towards reducing fees further or improving services for fundraisers and charities
- Fundraisers can personalise their fundraising pages, send out email alerts and manage their fundraising events. They can include their own content, photos and links to their page as well as customise messages for their supporters. Fundraisers can also link their page to social networking sites. Virgin Money Giving also contains fundraising ideas and tips, offering help and advice to fundraisers on how to raise more for charity
- Virginmoneygiving.com is the official fundraising partner of events that include the Virgin Money London Marathon, Royal Parks Half Marathon, Nike Run to the Beat and the Virgin Money Cyclone