Virgin Money Giving named official fundraising partner of Reebok Spartan Race
10 May 2016
- The Reebok Spartan Race series takes place across the UK throughout the year
- These unique events combine a running course with a variety of challenging obstacles
- Virgin Money Giving is the official fundraising partner of the Reebok Spartan Race series
Virgin Money Giving has been named as the official fundraising partner of the renowned Reebok Spartan Race.
A Spartan Race is not your average race! Participants run, climb, and crawl across some of the most gorgeous terrain the UK has to offer. They must also splash through mud and tackle many other unique and challenging obstacles along the way, all designed to test their strength, balance, mental tenacity and endurance – before making a finishing leap through a fiery hoop.
Virgin Money Giving has a long history of supporting mass participation events as the fundraising partner of choice. These include the world famous Virgin Money London Marathon, the Vitality Reading Half Marathon, Prudential Ride London and the Royal Parks Half Marathon.
Peter Phillips, Managing Director of SEL, Operations Manager for Spartan UK said: “Virgin Money Giving is a great fit with Spartan. Its unique fundraising platform provides our participants with a convenient way of raising money for their chosen charity, as they embark upon the Reebok Spartan Race challenges. We look forward to working together to help competitors achieve their fundraising goals for the cause closest to their heart.”
Jo Barnett, Executive Director of Virgin Money Giving said: “Virgin Money Giving is extremely proud to be named the official fundraising partner of the Spartan Race series. These challenging and fun events are an excellent platform for people to raise money for charity. Virgin Money Giving is not-for-profit, and was created with the ambition to help people raise as much money as possible for their chosen cause. And when the amount raised can make the difference between being able to fund a vital programme or not, we believe as much money as possible should go directly to the causes our fundraisers support.”
Virgin Money Press Office:
0191 279 4676
NOTES TO EDITORS
1 Research conducted in April 2016 and included 389 responses.
About Virgin Money Giving
- Virgin Money Giving is the not-for-profit online fundraising website from Virgin Money and was established in 2009. Virgin Money uses its infrastructure and expertise as a financial services business to ensure that Virgin Money Giving is efficient and secure
- Virginmoneygiving.com is free for fundraisers, charges a flat registration fee of £100 + VAT for charities and a 2% fee on all donations before Gift Aid. For every £10 raised, charities receive £12.15. Virgin Money Giving charges charities the minimum fees needed to cover the running costs of the site. Any profit achieved after covering operating costs will go towards reducing fees further or improving services for fundraisers and charities
- Fundraisers can personalise their fundraising pages, send out email alerts and manage their fundraising events. They can include their own content, photos and links to their page as well as customise messages for their supporters. Fundraisers can also link their page to social networking sites. Virgin Money Giving also contains fundraising ideas and tips, offering help and advice to fundraisers on how to raise more for charity
- Virginmoneygiving.com is the official fundraising partner of events that include the Virgin Money London Marathon, Vitality Reading Half Marathon, Prudential Ride London, Virgin Money Cyclone and the Royal Half Parks Marathon.
About Spartan Race
- Spartan Race is the world’s leading obstacle race company and the first of its kind to feature timing and global rankings. With more than 170 events in 25+ countries planned for 2016, Spartan Race has more than 1 million global participants, and offers open heats for all fitness levels as well as competitive and elite heats. With nearly 5 million passionate social media followers, health and wellness products, as well as the popular NBC television series, Spartan Race has made obstacle racing one of the fastest growing sports—and lifestyles— in the world. Spartan Race features races at three distances, 3+Mile/20+ Obstacle “Sprint,” 8+ Mile/25+ Obstacle “Super” and 12+ Mile/30+ Obstacle “Beast,” culminating each year in the Reebok Spartan Race World Championship. Visit www.spartanraceuk.uk
- For more information please contact Natalie Cox on 0161 8176600 or firstname.lastname@example.org