Virgin Money Giving named official fundraising partner of Swim Serpentine
26 February 2016
- Swim Serpentine is a new two-day open water swimming festival taking place over the weekend of 24-25 September 2016
- Up to 6,000 swimmers are expected to take part in the mass participation event
- Virgin Money Giving is the official Swim Serpentine fundraising partner
Virgin Money Giving has been named as the official fundraising partner of London’s brand new swimming event, Swim Serpentine.
Organised by London Marathon Events in partnership with British Swimming, Swim Serpentine is a new two-day open water swimming festival staged in and around the Serpentine in Hyde Park, which was the venue for the open water swimming competition at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
The first day (Saturday 24 September) will be a mass participation event where up to 6,000 swimmers will have the chance to ‘swim a mile’ in open water. The second day (Sunday 25 September) will feature the British Open Water Swimming Championships over a distance of 3.2km. It will also include an elite invitation 5km swim.
Virgin Money Giving has a long history of supporting mass participation events as the fundraising partner of choice, including the world famous Virgin Money London Marathon. It is also the official fundraising partner of the Vitality Reading Half Marathon, Prudential Ride London, Virgin Money Cyclone and the Royal Half Parks Marathon.
One of the charities already signed up to take part in Swim Serpentine is ‘Tommy’s’, the charity that exists to save the lives of babies by funding research and providing information on the causes and prevention of miscarriage, premature birth and stillbirth.
Katherine Tinker-Switzer, Events and Corporate Partnerships Manager at the charity said: "Tommy's is really excited to be involved in Swim Serpentine. London Marathon Events has a great track record of creating really wonderful events and we’re looking forward to the big day. We are delighted that our supporters can now take part in an open water swimming event and we’re sure they will love the challenge! Virgin Money Giving makes it quick and easy for people to donate online and their not for profit status means that we will receive even more of our supporters' money."
Jo Barnett, Head of Social Enterprise at Virgin Money Giving said: "Virgin Money Giving is extremely proud to be named as the official fundraising partner of the new Swim Serpentine event. It takes place in one of London’s most iconic and well known parks and the event is an excellent platform for people to raise money for charity. Virgin Money Giving is a not-for-profit fundraising platform, and was created with the ambition to help people raise as much as possible for their chosen cause. And when the amount raised can make the difference between being able to fund a vital programme or not, we believe as much of that money as possible should go to the causes you support."
Virgin Money Press Office:
0191 279 4676
NOTES TO EDITORS
About Virgin Money Giving
- Virgin Money Giving is the not-for-profit online fundraising website from Virgin Money and was established in 2009. Virgin Money uses its infrastructure and expertise as a financial services business to ensure that Virgin Money Giving is efficient and secure
- Fundraisers can personalise their fundraising pages, send out email alerts and manage their fundraising events. They can include their own content, photos and links to their page as well as customise messages for their supporters. Fundraisers can also link their page to social networking sites. Virgin Money Giving also contains fundraising ideas and tips, offering help and advice to fundraisers on how to raise more for charity
- Virginmoneygiving.com is the official fundraising partner of events that include the Virgin Money London Marathon, Vitality Reading Half Marathon, Prudential Ride London, Virgin Money Cyclone and the Royal Half Parks Marathon