Virgin Money Giving offers free training for charities
20 September 2013
- Workshops for all charities registered on Virgin Money Giving
- Series of roadshows to be held across the UK
Virgin Money’s not-for-profit fundraising website, virginmoneygiving.com, is giving charities the chance to take advantage of free training and support in their local area, to help boost their fundraising efforts.
Last year, Virgin Money Giving (VMG) held a number of charity workshops around the UK and these were so successful that more will take place around the country from the end of September.
The sessions, which are free to attend for all registered Virgin Money Giving charities, will be hosted by an expert team of VMG Charity Account managers and will cover how charities of all sizes can make the most of the site’s tools and functions, such as preparing and storing reports, communicating with their fundraisers, linking to events and creating the most effective fundraising pages.
Jo Barnett, Executive Director of Virgin Money Giving said: “These workshops are intended to help us share not only our own tips and tricks for getting the best out of Virgin Money Giving, but they will also help charities to share best practice among one another, providing a great local networking opportunity at the same time.
“We had some great feedback following last year’s workshops, so we’re delighted to be running them again, and we hope to make them a regular occurrence.”
Places are likely to fill up quickly, so to secure your preferred slot, drop us an email via email@example.com and we’ll book you in.
To find out more about Virgin Money Giving, visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/giving/.
- Ends -
Workshop Dates and times:Please note, our London and Manchester dates are now fully booked, but we’ll be adding more dates shortly.
- Thursday 26 September (10.00 – 12.30)
- Thursday 26 September (14.00 – 16.30)
- Tuesday 1 October (14.00 – 16.30)
- Wednesday 9 October (10.00 – 12.30)
- Wednesday 9 October (14.00 – 16.30)
- Monday 21 October (10.00 – 12.30)
- Monday 21 October (14.00 – 16.30)
- Tuesday 22 October (10.00 – 12.30)
- Tuesday 22 October (14.00 – 16.30)
- Wednesday 23 October (10.00 – 12.30)
- Wednesday 23 October (09.30 – 12.00)
- Wednesday 23 October (14.00 – 16.30)
- Thursday 24 October (09.30 – 12.00)
- Thursday 24 October (14.00 – 16.30)
- Friday 25 October (09.30 – 12.00)
- Monday 4 November (10.00 – 12.30)
- Monday 4 November (14.00 – 16.30)
- Tuesday 5 November (10.00 – 12.30)
- Tuesday 5 November (14.00 – 16.30)
- Wednesday 6 November (10.00 – 12.30)
- Dates TBC
Tel: 0191 279 4676
NOTES TO EDITORS
About Virgin Money Giving
- Virgin Money Giving is the not-for-profit online fundraising arm of Virgin Money and was established in 2009. Virgin Money uses its infrastructure and expertise as a financial services business to ensure that Virgin Money Giving is efficient and secure.
- Virginmoneygiving.com is free for fundraisers, charges a flat registration fee of £100 + VAT for charities and a 2% fee on all donations before Gift Aid, which means for every £10 raised charities receive £12.15. Virgin Money Giving charges charities the minimum fees needed to cover the running costs of the site. Any money left over after covering operating costs will go towards reducing fees further or improving services for fundraisers and charities.
- Fundraisers can personalise their fundraising pages, send out email alerts and manage their fundraising events. They can include their own content, photos and links to their page as well as customise messages for their supporters. Fundraisers can also link their page to social networking sites. Virgin Money Giving also contains fundraising ideas and tips, offering help and advice to fundraisers on how to raise more for charity.