I put together a bit of feedback based on my usage of VMG for a sponsored walk I undertook recently.
Hope it helps!
Bugs / Issues / Functionality Omissions
- The email notification service doesn't include the details of who/how much has been added, which isn't much help as I still have to go check the website manually. Given the information is available publicly on the internet, I see no reason why it doesn't contain the updated information i.e. new total, who donated etc.
- If I try to disable the email notification service, it just appears to re-enable itself.
- If I try to click on the link in the notification email, it gets horribly confused if I've already been logged in to the website and the session has timed out (which seems to be quite quick). It more often than not displays an error page.
- When logging in, it insists on asking for my birthday every single time. This is personal information visible on my screen which I would rather not be typing in every time I login - and I can't think of any sensible security reason for asking for this every time.
- There is no mechanism for keeping track of individual offline donations - all you can do is put in a single offline donations total. To keep track of the individuals who have made up that total (needed to chase up people who have promised but not yet paid), the only place you can store that info on the site is in the About You description box which is made public - and so eliminates the anonymity of the donor.
- There is no search functionality for the forum, making it very hard to find answers to questions which have probably already been asked before
- a complete API to allow the site to be better integrated with other websites
- Mobile applications (Android, in my case) to monitor incoming donations