Teach Me Too
Why we need your help
EVERY CHILD DESERVES AN EDUCATION
For too long now, children with Down’s syndrome have been lost in a system that doesn’t fully understand their needs or value the huge potential for learning that exists within our community. Children with Down’s syndrome DO NOT have a consistent ‘global delay’. They have a specific learning profile with their own strengths and weaknesses. Research has shown us that certain approaches to teaching and learning can be very effective with our children. But still this access is restricted; generally reserved for those with the means to pay for the right support, or those who know how to survive in a complex system of education and care.
Teach me too is here is for everyone.
Regardless of wealth, race, background or region.
Every child with Down’s syndrome should be able to access this new fantastic resource.
What is TEACH ME TOO?
- Video library of short videos delivered directly to the children.
- Each stage has 20 videos between 10-15 minutes.
- 10 Videos are produced and led by Inclusively Down (specialist teachers)
- 10 Videos are produced and led by Key Communication (specialist speech therapist).
- All videos are designed to use the strengths of learning for children with Down’s syndrome and to target key areas of the curriculum.
- The videos can be watched independently by children but work best when an adult supports them. They can then use the techniques to continue learning at home or in school.
- Two stages have been produced so far.
- Resources have been specially designed to support this programme and these will be available (these are not currently covered by the funding at this stage).
How can you help?
- Start your own FUNDRAISER, from sponsored silences to marathons (Covid safe of course), anything is possible. You can raise funds online via this campaign page.
- DONATE DIRECT
- SHARE – Every person involved will make a real difference. Please share with your friends, family, networks and work colleagues. The more people that know about this project the quicker we can reach our target.
How much do we need to raise?
Our next Target is £25,000
This will allow us to start work on a new level, make new resources and improve the programme we have. We need your help to make this happen.
[i]What parents have said so far:[/i]
[i]"She is obsessed with the videos and there is going to be many tantrums (if she can't) access them"[/i]
[i] “The teachers were very clear to understand and the activities were easy to replicate”
[i]"I thought it was excellent"
Teach Me Too is powered by 21 Together, but it is an entirely ring-fenced fund, so all money donated goes direct to Teach Me Too. If for any reason what so ever 21 Together are unable to maintain and host any videos that have been funded by the Teach Me Too project fund, all the videos would be loaded onto an open YouTube channel, for free and open use.
raised towards £25,000.00 target
Spread the word
Jun 04, 2021
Mar 22, 2021
Mar 10, 2021
Mar 05, 2021
Penny and Wayne
Mar 05, 2021
Mar 04, 2021
Mar 04, 2021
Mar 03, 2021
Feb 23, 2021
Feb 02, 2021
Total raised so far
Total plus Gift Aid £13,207.95
Raised offline £600.00