A Legacy for Future Generations
Why we need your help
Greenbank is a busy and active community-based church with well over one thousand people attending one of the thirty-seven groups that run each week.In 2015 against a background of identified community need, rising costs and buildings that were not fit for purpose the Kirk Session set about the task of determining how best it might ensure a lasting legacy for generations to come.
What is planned?
The aim is to make improvements to Greenbank Parish Church that would address fundamental problems with our property in ways that celebrate the beauty, dignity and history of the sanctuary building.
By taking action now, we can help our church continue to serve the community for the generations that will follow us.
The plan has secured the overwhelming support of the Kirk Session and congregation. Were we to be able to proceed with these plans we would;
- Create a week round, community hub that would be a real community resource,
- Have the physical capability to meet identified community need,
- Provide modern toilet and kitchen facilities,
- Provide access for those with disabilities,
- Secure a complex that is financially sustainable with significant efficiency, gains in operating the building,
- Reduce our carbon footprint.
Feb 03, 2021