Mouth Cancer 10 KM Awareness Walk 2021
Why we need your help
Walk a total of 10 KM, as many times as you like, on your own or with your family and pets, around the comfort of your own home, garden or local area! The charity is encouraging as many people as possible to take part in this FREE 10 KM sponsored walk between Friday 1st October and Tuesday 30th November 2021. This year we are holding the walk throughout Mouth Cancer Action Month to raise as much awareness as possible.
This is a fantastic opportunity to build on the success of the walk in 2020 and open up the Mouth Cancer 10 KM Awareness Walk to more people than ever before.
This is the 16th year of the annual walk, which is the only walk for mouth cancer anywhere in the world. It is designed to increase awareness of all head and neck cancers. It is also an opportunity to celebrate survivorship and raise funds to continue to support patients, carers and survivors coping with mouth cancer.
- Create a route, around your local area, with a total distance of 10 KM. This could be any combination such as 1 x 10 KM, 2 x 5 KM, 10 x 1 KM. The route can be done in one go, (10 KM is approximately 12500 steps and takes about one and a half to two hours to complete), or over several days. You can even set yourself challenges and do as many 10 KMs as you like over the duration of the event. Ideally this is a walk, but if you wish to run, walk backwards, hop, skip etc that is fine. The choice is yours!
- Register via www.mouthcancerwalk.org/register. Complete the online application form so we can send you your medal on completion.
- When you are out on your walk take photos of you and your family having fun walking and supporting us.
- Once you have completed your 10 KMs email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
- The walk is open to everyone, including dogs/pets, of any age and ability.
- Encourage all your friends, family, colleagues to sign up and help us grow this event.
- Just in case we’re still in the Covid-19 pandemic - all walk activity should be adhering to the governments social distancing policy at the time of taking part.
- Use a free walking app to create your route and keep track of your Ks.
- Tag us in with any photos and social media updates at Instagram @mouthcancer, Facebook @mouthcancerfoundation and Twitter @mouthcancerMCF and tag three friends to do the same. Alternatively, you can email the information in at email@example.com.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING US MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
raised towards £10,000.00 target
Total raised so far
Total plus Gift Aid £35.00
Raised offline £0.00