Child Friendly Leeds Fund
Why we need your help
The Child Friendly Leeds Fund was launched by Leeds City Council, in partnership with Leeds Community Foundation, in July 2017.
The Fund is a way for local businesses and individuals to contribute and make a real difference to the lives of the most vulnerable children and young people in the city.
By supporting the Child Friendly Leeds Fund you could…
• enable Children Looked After and their foster families to attend a day of enriching, relationship strengthening activities;
• ensure children living in poverty have access to healthy meals and great activities during the school holidays;
• pilot innovative ways to engage marginalised teenagers with employment focussed activity;
• help migrant children and their families gain access to key essentials;
• support Children Looked After in practical ways to develop personal and life-skills through music sport, and drama;
• help develop existing outdoor spaces to offer creative play and environmental activities through gardening and growing;
• offer places on Outward Bound and other challenging and life changing opportunities for children who would not otherwise get such chances.
Positive opportunities provided will increase young people’s social skills, support their learning and ultimately help to build their confidence, self-esteem and resilience.
Cheques can be made payable to Child Friendly Leeds Fund and posted to:Child Friendly Leeds Fund, Leeds Community Foundation, 51A St Paul's Street, Leeds, LS1 2TE
If you would like to arrange a fundraising event in support of the Fund – thank you! We really appreciate your support.
Please email the Child Friendly Leeds team at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss and for more information.
Jul 04, 2020