The COMPASS Project
Why we need your help
CWT are raising funds for its exciting new COMPASS project which will transform the former Waldorf School site, Craigton Road, Aberdeen into a centre demonstrating practical solutions for healthy, sustainable lifestyles. Find out more about the project below or on our website.
We have a lot of fundraising to do so that we can restore and re-purpose the site for the benefit of the local and wider community of Aberdeen.
We need your support!
Phase 1: September 2020 – March 2021 Fundraising Target: £200,000 Achieved: £101,444.50
Donate! You can support the project by donating through this Campaign page. Simply click the button on the right. All donations no matter how big or small will help bring the Compass project to life.
Cheque donations are also welcome. Please make out to Camphill Wellbeing Trust and send to COMPASS Project Coordinator, Camphill Wellbeing Trust, St Devenicks, Murtle Estate, Bieldside, Aberdeen, AB15 9EN.
Fundraise! If you would like to fundraise for the Compass project, we would love to hear from you. Please get in touch by email: email@example.com or by phone: 01224 862008. We have an e-fundraising pack full of ideas and tips to get started and you can also set up an online fundraising page using the button below.
Phase 1: September 2020 – March 2021
Fundraising Target: £200,000 Achieved: £101,100
- start of essential building repairs
- tidying outdoor areas with composting and recycling
- restoring paths and steps
- survey of trees and plan scheduled management
- increase of site security to counter crime and vandalism
- appointment of project co-ordinator
- engaging with local community groups
- scoping exercise for strategic masterplan
Phase 2: April 2021 – March 2022
Fundraising Target: £500,000
- complete masterplan for revitalisation of whole site
- complete scoping and costing of sustainable solutions for each building
- begin sustainable refurbishment & re-purposing of Kindergarten & Science/craft buildings
- community groups using Sports Hall
- set up demonstration allotments
- plan land-use e.g. wild meadow, composting project
- expand fundraising to meet target
Phase 3: April 2022 onwards
Fundraising Target: £4.3 million
Timing and progress in Phase 3 onwards will be dependent on funds raised. Staged refurbishment of main building will be a major aim in Phase 3 onwards but has already begun in Phase 1.
About the project
The former Waldorf School site on Craigton Road, Cults, Aberdeen is the location for our new COMPASS project. This versatile site, rich in natural beauty and historic value, offers unique opportunities to bring about initiatives which focus on health and sustainability.
Core to the project will be establishing socially & environmentally sustainable solutions to meet the specific challenges of our times, including those related to a post-Covid context.
Why have CWT initiated this project?
- To retain restore this naturally beautiful & historic site for community use
- To create indoor and outdoor spaces that serve and engage the local & wider
- community of Aberdeen City & Shire
- To demonstrate and promote healthy sustainable living options
The project will showcase:
- sustainable building practices with conservation of the listed main building & sensitive repurposing of the others
- an integrated, creative health & education approach, supported by the natural & built environment
- sustainable social enterprise projects serving the local community and involving those with learning disabilities
- organic/biodynamic land use with nutritious food production, demonstration allotments, bee hives, wild flower meadow and woodland
- repair, reuse & recycle practices minimising waste and encouraging sustainability
You can find out more about the project on our website: www.camphillwellbeing.org.uk/our-projects/compass
raised towards £200,000.00 target
Spread the word
Jan 14, 2021
Helen and Edward Cais
Total raised so far
Total plus Gift Aid £101,569.00
Raised offline £101,444.00