So, the library is nearly open, and we'll soon have bills to pay. Here's a fun way you can help us with that. Take part in the Blenheim Triathlon (Sunday 31 May, 2020). We're joining up with the Kensal Queens Park triathletes to form the biggest team at Blenheim ever!
We would love 10 library supporters who have never tried the events before to take part and fundraise on our behalf. We're hoping this will become an annual fundraiser for us - so why not be part of the inaugural team?
If the thought of a triathlon terrifies you, this could be the ideal way in. Join one of our Relay Teams and choose only ONE of the three legs: swim (750 metres) or cycle (19km) or run (5km).
It's great fun - you/a family member can be 16 or 76 and in any shape fitness-wise.
There are also fun events for
Or you can do all three legs yourself in a Sprint (half-Tri) or Super Sprint (quarter-Tri).
You don't require any training, although you will have lots of free opportunities to swim, cycle or run with team members over the coming weeks if you'd like to take the opportunity to get fitter!
You also get these brilliant benefits thanks to our generous sponsors:
- 70% off entry price – the “Cricklewood” discount to the first ten people to raise
- A 'month at the Moberly' Sports Centre (Chamberlayne Rd)
- Free 'Swimming Nature' swimming lessons at the Maqam (Wrentham Ave)
- Free strength and mobility "MOT" with Gym Locomotive (Wrentham Ave)
- Free Lizzie Barker Group Training on Tiverton Green
- Free lifts to Denham to try open-water swimming (or lots of team runs + cycle practices, if you’d like them)
- "Kensal Tri” training top
- A profound, warm fuzzy feel for supporting us + being part of a unique local (& the largest) team at Blenheim!
We can arrange a wetsuit or bicycle (note you can use any bike) – otherwise you don’t need any ‘special’ kit. And we will pool lifts to get to Blenheim and back.
There will be LOTS of other local charity teams taking part, as explained at www.kensalqueenspark.com.
And it's a family day at the Palace: there are fun events for children aged 6-12 years old, where they do running and cycling and get to take home an event t-shirt and medal.
Click the "start fundraising" button to create a profile and donate £19 (Relay) or £39 (Sprint or Super Sprint) on your profile to reserve a place - all money goes to the library. Thank you!
For more info contact Wendy on email@example.com, Giles Deards, triathlon 'old hand' at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out our website for links to more info.