Thame & Villages 21 for 21
Why we need your help
Take on the Challenge from Thame & District Rotary: Challenge 21 for 21
Rotary Club of Thame & District is inviting the public to take on a new fund and fundraising virtual real challenge: 21 for 21.
Within the strict COVID-19 lockdown rules people are still allowed to go out once a day for exercise.
In 2021, the 21st year of the 21st Century, it is all about NUMBER 21…
The club is inviting YOU - members of the public - to support local charities and achieve a milestone. So here comes the challenge:
- run or walk 21 miles - or 21k steps – or 21 laps in the garden – or 21,000 steps on your Fitbit in your own time. There is no time limit to complete the challenge.
- in your own flat or garden or around your town or village or out and about.
- on your own or with your family bubble.
- with or without your dog.
What will we offer you?
- A Certificate of Participation from Thame & District Rotary
- We will be sharing your fundraising page on our www.facebook.com/thamerotary and our website www.thame.rotary1090.org
- We will share your photos or videos you want to share with us further on our www.facebook.com/thamerotary and our website www.thame.rotary1090.org
- We will include your stories you may wish to share with us into our press releases sent to the local media on a regular basis
- And a huge THANK YOU! for having fun and raising funds for good causes!
When can I take my challenge?
The virtual campaign will be open for entries all the way from January till the end of March 2021. Take as much time as you like to complete the challenge. If it will take you days to complete your target - let it be! Feel free to take it again a few times.
Which charities can I support?
The funds raised will go towards Thame & District Rotary local charities of 2020-2021: Thomley, Red Kite Family Centre Thame-Chinnor and Thame Young Carers. Participants have also the option to allocate 50% of their fundraising effort to their preferred UK charity.
Your list of 8 things to do:
Here is the list of 8 steps the participants will need to follow:
- Start your fundraising page on the Thame & Villages 21 for 21 page hosted by Virgin Money Giving. Go to: virginmoneygiving.com/fund/Thame21for21 and click on the “Start Fundraising” button.
- Decide what to do: 21 laps in your garden or 21k run or an easy walk in Thame, Chinnor or wherever in the world you may be.
- Decide – are you going to do this as an individual or as a team? Please take into account that you will be unable to be close physically to your team due to the COVID-19 restrictions in the area you live.
- Ask your friends and family if they would like to sponsor you with a donation.
- If you have a favourite UK charity, you will need to advise us so that 50% of what you raise is allocated to them. Otherwise, the money raised will go towards Rotary’s preferred charities.
- Let the world know what you are doing through social media, and we will supporting you by asking members of the public to donate towards fundraising page.
- During the event take pictures or videos and share them with us on www.facebook.com/thamerotary and we will share them further with the social media and include them in our periodical press releases.
- Read more about our event on www.thame.rotary1090.org as we will publish updates.
The safety and health of all participants are essential. In this virtual real event - there are no marshals and no road closures. Entrants must obey the Highway Code at all times.
The event is open to families and individuals subject to local COVID-19 rules. It is strongly recommended that only children over the age of 5 can take part if using public highways. All children running on public highways should be supervised by a responsible adult.
How can I join Rotary?
During the time of the pandemic, Rotary Club of Thame & District and Phoenix Community Club members have been meeting safely online and have been welcoming 5 new members since March 2020. The club’s doors are largely open to welcome new volunteer members.
To find out more about the Rotary Club of Thame & District or Phoenix Community Club or how to join, please visit www.thame.rotary1090.org or www.facebook.com/thamerotary or www.facebook.com/phoenixcommunityclubthame
raised so far
How you can support us
Make a donation
Select the amount you'd like to give or fundraise towards
Fundraise in support
Create a fundraising page in support of Thame & Villages 21 for 21 and make a real impact
Jun 07, 2021
Apr 07, 2021
Total raised so far
Total plus Gift Aid £143.75
Raised offline £0.00