Hackney Giving Coronavirus Response Fund
Hackney’s grassroots community organisations support the borough’s diverse populations day in and day out. Hackney Giving is responding to the coronavirus crisis by raising funds to support voluntary and community organisations as they care for our communities locally.
In April, Hackney Giving made five grants of £3,000 to organisations helping people get the food and supplies they need during the crisis. In August we made grants of £36,000 to another 13 organisations - using the funds raised online here as well as offline donations from the public sector and corporate partners.
Hackney Council is now matching donations up to £30,000 - meaning each pound that you give is worth two pounds.
As of mid-August we have raised approximately £10,000 towards the match funding target - leaving £20,000 still to raise and a new online fundraising target of £45,000.
Your donations will allow us to channel funds to:
- organisations working with older people and people from vulnerable groups that will be disproportionately affected by the outbreak
- organisations supporting young people's wellbeing and online schooling
- organisations working with homeless people and refugees
- organisations supporting residents with mental health needs
- organisations that are supporting residents (particularly those on low incomes) access the supplies and necessities they need.
Hackney Giving is a single point of giving for individuals and businesses that want to support grassroots organisations in Hackney. Hackney Giving is run by Hackney CVS. For more information please see www.hackneygiving.org.uk