Hands For Homelessness
Why we need your help
Homelessness is a continued, significant issue in Exeter. St Petrock's specialist survival, advice and support services are the first ‘port of call’ for many people who are rough-sleeping or vulnerably housed, and a gateway to more settled lives. This autumn, we’re running a Hands For Homelessness campaign to encourage local people to show their support and ‘give a hand’ in making our city somewhere where everyone can benefit from housing, health, inclusion and growth.
CALL TO ACTION:
To ‘give a hand’ and work with us in tackling local homelessness, you can:
1) Organise a sponsored event (hand themes optional!)
2) Fundraise for us
3) Donate directly to our campaign
4) Photograph your hands (or your event) to help raise awareness and,
By acting as an individual, with friends or family, in your workplace, school, place of worship or community group, we’d love to see the whole community involved.
If you would like further information, support in setting up your event or to discuss your creative ideas, please do get in touch with Lucy at email@example.com.
SEPTEMBER SLEEPING BAG APPEAL:
To help you get inspired, each month between September – December we’ll be featuring a different issue to highlight the key needs of rough sleepers we work with. To get us started, we’re launching our September Sleeping Bag Appeal. You can get involved by:
1) Dropping off a secondhand (clean!) sleeping bag at our centre: http://stpetrocks.org.uk/menu-text-contact/how-to-deliver-a-donation/
2) Purchasing a sleeping bag from our Amazon Wishlist for delivery straight to us: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/registry/wishlist/12394LKC68V27/ref=nav_wishlist_lists_1
3) Donating the cost of a sleeping bag (£30) (or an amount of your choosing) towards a sleeping bag.
4) Fundraise for sleeping bags by “lending a hand” and doing a job for a neighbour or friend.
Thank you Exeter for your wonderful support!
raised so far
Spread the word
Total raised so far
Total plus Gift Aid £510.00
Raised offline £60.00