Inclusive Education & Training (Burkina)
Why we need your help
Help children and adults with disabilities to access education and training opportunities and reach their full potential
This campaign aims to raise money for one of LAFI Burkina's partner organisations, Organisation for Inclusive Development and Solidarity, or ODIS.
Based in Ouagadougou, the capital of Burkina Faso, ODIS is running a 1-year project that seeks to ensure that children and adults with disabilities have better opportunities to access inclusive education and vocational training.
- In most areas in Burkina Faso, parents place less importance on educating a disabled child, compared to other children who are perceived as more useful.
- Many children with disabilities who have the potential to learn and work are neglected due to a lack of parental support, meaning they don't have access to education and vocational training that would enhance their development and integration within the community.
- When children with disabilities have been able to access schools and training centres, they encounter many obstacles that prevent them from continuing or completing their education, such as accessibility issues, stigmatisation and lack of understanding of inclusive education practices.
- Like children with disabilities, adults with disabilities face accessibility problems, socio-cultural constraints, lack of interest from families and, above all, extreme poverty, all of which prevents them from fully enjoying their right to access education and training.
- 50 children with disabilities will be put through school, by having their school fees paid and receiving mobility aids. Their schools will also be made more accessible.
- 30 adults with disabilities will receive vocational training to help them to gain employment. After the training, they will be supported to either find employment or to set-up their own small business.
- Throughout the project, ODIS will raise awareness amongst the families of beneficiaries and their communities of the importance of inclusive education and training, and not neglecting people with disabilities.
A donation to ODIS's project will contribute to:
- Improving the education and vocational training rate of people with disabilities.
- Promoting employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Solving accessibility problems in schools, classrooms and vocational training centres.
- Raising awareness of the issues faced by people with disabilities.
- Reducing stigma and promoting the inclusion of people with disabilities.
Please contact us if you would like to find out more about ODIS or about the project.
We would appreciate your help in supporting our partner organisation ODIS with this important project.
Thank You Very Much
raised towards £4,000.00 target
Spread the word
Dec 08, 2019
Dec 07, 2019
Dec 03, 2019