Why we need your help
The Covid 19 Pandemic has had a devistating impact on the livelihoods of vast numbers of people around the world. As is often the case those suffering the most are those least cope, the unemployed, the working poor, single parents, the homeless etc.
SAVE is supporting and collaborating with Calcutta Social Project in two of its projects safeguarding and supporting livelihoods.
SANJEEVANI: THE FOOD AID PROGRAM FOR DAILY WAGE EARNERS AFFECTED BY LOCKDOWN AND ECONOMIC COLLAPSE (RUNNING SINCE May 2020) The program gives essential food rations and cooking ingredients for two square meals a day, once a week, to last every CSP beneficiary family for the whole week till their next collection day. The Program has enabled over 800 poor people to have security of food on an assured basis. It is still current.
SAMBHAV: RESTORING LIVELIHOODS LOST
The program is designed to counter the devastating economic effects of the pandemic and accompanying lockdown on the poorest section of society. This is manifest in three primary areas:
• Loss of livelihood
• Debt incurred at unsustainable interest burdens
• Inability to finance education of children as a result of the above
We need your help to support this very important work to safeguard peoples livelihoods
India is not only seeing record number of Covid 19 cases , it is also a mute witness to the alarming decimation of livelihood of its most critical yet populous workforce that lies below the poverty line The loss of employment , the shutting down of small businesses , the imposition of lockdowns , leaves little hope for survival for this community amidst the current blanket of uncertainty that cloaks human life in
the wake of the Covid -19 Pandemic.
IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR A VIRUS TO BRING THE WORKFORCE TO A
IT IS ALSO POSSIBLE TO HELP CREATE THE PATH TO THE REBIRTH OF A NEW
FUTURE , A NEW NORMAL .
SAMBHAV KAISE ? HOW DO WE DO IT
- Sambhav will restore businesses by arranging their capital in the form of INTEREST FREE seed money.
- Repayment of seed money for capital as per mutually agreed timetable .
Repaid funds to be recirculated into seed money for other affected tiny entrepreneurs
- Sambhav's target group will be small and tiny operators requiring capital commitments ranging from Rs 2000 to Rs 10,000.
- The mechanism to assess, disburse and monitor the seed capital will utilize professionals and pioneers in the field of micro finance.
- The Apparatus for recirculation of funds will follow the pattern of self-help groups .
raised towards £5,000.00 target
Total raised so far
Total plus Gift Aid £0.00
Raised offline £0.00