The Parky Challenge
Why we need your help
Welcome to The Parky Challenge!
Over the next few months, the European Parkinson's Disease Association is looking for at people around the world to join our fundraising challenge that will help improve the lives of people with Parkinson's.
Whether you get a team of colleagues together, persuade your family and friends to join in or simply want to tick something off from your own bucket list, joining The Parky Challenge is easy. Simply choose a challenge that excites you, and complete it anywhere and at any time before the end of the year.
Once you've decided what to do, click the 'Start fundraising' blue button on the right, follow the guided procedure and create your account! If you need help with the procedure, please refer to the checklist at the bottom of this text.
When you're all set up, all we ask is that you rally your colleagues, family and friends to help you raise money that will champion the needs of people with Parkinson's. With your help, the EPDA will help them live a full life.
For more specific information about how your fundraising will help people with Parkinson's, please download our 'Why support the EPDA?' brochure.
Join our team!
You are not alone in enduring a Challenge to help people with Parkinson's. See news and stories from other Challengers, get inspired and show your support!
Click 'Start fundraising' and set up your fundraising page to become a Challenger!
Thank you and ... good luck!
Creating your own fundraising page - Checklist:
1. Click 'Start fundraising'
2. This will take you to a page where you can either select 'Personal challenge' or, if your challenge is part of an organised event (i.e. the London Marathon), please click 'Organised event'
3. Complete the details of your challenge in the 'Event' page
4. Proceed to the 'Charity' page where 'European Parkinson's Disease Association' will already have been selected
5. If you are not already registered to Virgin Money Giving, you will need to create an account, confirm you password and then name your website page http://www.virginmoneygiving.com/YourName
6. Click 'Create your page'
7. Personalise your unique fundraising page with details of your Challenge, pictures etc.
8. Click 'Save' then 'Next'
9. Create a 'Thank you' email to your supporters, then click 'Create my page'
10. Your fundraising page is now live and you will have the opportunity to share it on different social media platforms.
Please note: when donating to the EPDA, you will need to provide us with some of your personal details. Be assured that the information you provide will be stored within EPDA-controlled databases, and that it will not be shared with any third parties.
raised towards £50,000.00 target
Spread the word
Total raised so far
Total plus Gift Aid £9,413.00
Raised offline £9,200.00