Young Carers Emotional Support
Why we need your help
Emotional Support for Young Carers
A small donation can make a big impact on emotional support for Young Carers.
Many Young Carers struggle with the demands of their education and are bullied because of their caring role. This can have a profound effect on a young person’s health, social life and self-confidence.
How will your donation be used at the Carers Centre?
We provide one-to-one, supportive interventions for Young Carers that include the following elements:
- Building emotional resilience, coping with the caring roleWorking with them to establish an external support network including extended family, school staff, health and social care professionals
- Developing an emergency plan for Young Carers to follow when need arises
- Extra support around times of transition such as a deterioration in their relative’s health or moving schools
- Preparing a statement to be read out at a multi-agency meeting such as a child protection conference so that the Young Carer’s voice is heard
- Empowering Young Carers to enjoy a life outside caring
If you are interested in a larger donation, our fundraising team can work with you on a tailored proposal towards specific activities. For more information, contact Tom Lambert, Carers Centre Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you can support us
Make a donation
Select the amount you'd like to give or fundraise towards
Fundraise in support
Create a fundraising page in support of Young Carers Emotional Support and make a real impact