Save the Rhino
Who we are
Rhino poaching has reached crisis point while rhino habitat is shrinking. Today, three of the five species of rhino are Critically Endangered, meaning they face an extremely high chance of extinction in the wild; two of these species have fewer than 80 animals surviving. At Save the Rhino, we believe that we can halt and eventually reverse the twin threats of poaching and habitat loss, so that no species of rhino are at risk of extinction.
What we do
To achieve our ambition, we’re working with the most effective people and conservation programmes in Africa and Asia to support rhino populations with every tool we can, and to inspire rhino supporters throughout the world to join us.
- Protecting rhinos from the threats they face: poaching and habitat loss. At the heart of this is supporting rangers: the heroes risking their lives each day to save rhinos
- Sharing information and connecting experts. Bringing people together to share their experiences and learn from one another, boosting efforts all-round
- Championing community-led conservation. Ensuring that every project not only benefits rhinos, but also local people, through education, jobs and wider support
- Tackling illegal trade in rhino horn. Changing the behaviour of consumers in the places where demand for horn is highest, and increasing enforcement efforts
- Sharing, supporting and raising awareness. Engaging everyone in rhino conservation through interesting and inspiring stories, and our incredible family of rhino supporters
How you can support rhino conservationSupporters can get involved and help rhinos in many ways: donating, fundraising activities, becoming a member, developing corporate partnerships or volunteering with us. We are amazed by the passion of every single Save the Rhino supporter, you are hugely important to us – and to the rhinos!