Who we are
ViaNiños is a non-profit organisation which assists Ecuadorian children, adolescents and their respective families in need. Through personal care and education, our aim is to give street children in Ecuador a better future. We have Chapters in Germany, Switzerland and most recently the UK, as of December 2008.
ViaNinos UK works in partnership with two Ecuadorian organisations (CENIT and UBECI) that help street children through the provision of shelter, education, healthcare, social and psychological support. Through individual care, education and training our aim is to enable street children to create a brighter future for themselves and their families.
Through our development activities in Ecuador, our objective is to achieve the following:
• Provide children and adolescents with alternative shelter and a working environment away from the street
• Provide adolescents with schooling and job training
• Ensure that children and adolescents do not remain physically and mentally disadvantaged as a result of nutritional deficiencies
• Provide poverty-stricken children, adolescents and their families with medical care
• Ensure that socially disadvantaged individuals do not drift into criminality and do not get alienated from society
• Provide necessary treatment to adolescents who have been subjected to physical or sexual abuse