Who we are
Ace Africa is an international development organization that works with rural communities living in intense poverty in Kenya and Tanzania.
- Our remit is not to respond to emergencies, deliver urgent aid or alleviate the immediate effects of natural or man-made disasters. We offer neither ad-hoc solutions nor short-term fixes. Instead, we work with East African communities to help them build sustainable, fulfilling lives…and livelihoods
- Our approach is proactive, not reactive, and is founded upon robust research and an in-depth analysis - and understanding - of local needs and issues.
- Run by, with and for Africans, Ace Africa takes a long-term view, focusing on working within communities to deliver effective, sustainable development programmes in four key areas: Child Development, Health and Well-Being, Agriculture and Farming, Economic Empowerment
- We know that success is not something that can be achieved overnight. In fact, each bespoke Community Development programme will typically take 10-15 years to leave behind a truly sustainable legacy that can be passed on from generation to generation.
- We also know what success looks like. It looks like a community that no longer needs our help and we become, in effect, redundant. It is a community that has the skills, educational and health support, economic stability, confidence and resilience to not just imagine a brighter future but work independently to make it happen.
- Our work is endorsed and funded by recognised institutions such as Comic Relief, Egmont Trust and Guernsey Overseas Aid Commission. Ace Africa is also recipient of the Stars Foundation 2010 Award in the category of Health and has been Highly Commended in The Charity Awards 2013 in the category of International Aid and Development.
For every £1 we raise, we spend 82.5p in our programmes in Africa and 17.5p on fundraising and governance costs.
As a not-for-profit organization, we rely entirely upon the generosity of supporters like you: people whose donations, funding and involvement will help us permanently and irrevocably end the cycle of dependency - community by community, child by child.