Above and Beyond
Who we are
Above & Beyond funds projects which touch the lives of the thousands of people cared for by University Hospitals Bristol and its local community services each year.
Projects we support fall into four broad categories:
- Enhancing the healing environment for patients and staff - This support makes patients lives more comfortable and includes such schemes as refurbishing patient and visitor day rooms; funding complementary therapies services; and providing artwork to make the environment within the Hospitals positive and stimulating.
- Funding research - Our Research Foundation promotes good quality research, encourages the aspirations of staff and promotes training in order to help keep University Hospitals Bristol at the forefront of Research.
- Supporting staff development and training - The training and staff development already provided by University Hospitals Bristol is complemented by our funding of additional courses and conferences.
- Funding Equipment that makes a real difference to patient care - We provide funding for equipment which can mean that patients are often able to access the latest technology much faster than would otherwise have been the case.
Above and Beyond supports the work of the:
- Bristol Royal Infirmary
- Bristol Royal Hospital for Children
- Bristol Heart Institute
- St. Michaels Hospital
- Bristol Haematology and Oncology Centre
- Bristol South Community Hospital
- Bristol Eye Hospital
- Bristol Dental Hospital
- Bristol Homoeopathic Hospital
- NHS Bristol
- NHS North Somerset [including Clevedon Hospital]