The Eikon Charity
Who we are
“I honestly believe that without the support from my 1-2-1 sessions I would not have completed my A levels meaning I wouldn’t of been able to pursue my dream of becoming a teacher”
Our Vision: Founded over 20 years ago, Eikon’s vision is to develop happy, thriving and resilient young adults who are able to contribute positively to society.
Why we exist: Eikon is a Surrey based charity that has been working in the local community for over two decades, providing long-term support to some of the county’s most vulnerable young people and their families.
At Eikon our aims are:
- To inspire greater self-confidence, aspiration, and resilience in young people
- To enable young people to make positive, independent decisions when faced with challenge
- To help young people become positive citizens in their community
- To dramatically reduce the need for subsequent intervention, and costly remedial action later in life.
How we do it:• Early intervention: prevention rather than cure
• Relational: Personalised and sustained support for as long as it takes
• Responsive: ‘Open-door’ and no ‘wrong-door’ policies
Eikon delivers successful programmes that confront issues facing young people today, being a young carer, emotional resilience, well-being, managing anger, positive relationships, bullying and aspirations to name a few. We believe strongly in early intervention and delivering personalised and sustained suppor often over many years.