The Samaritans Of Bracknell, Wokingham, Ascot And Districts
Who we are
We're working together to make sure fewer people die by suicide.
Whatever you're going through, a Samaritan will face it with you. We're here 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Whilst Samaritans is a nationwide charity with 201 branches, many of those, including our Bracknell Samaritans branch, are independent charities in their own right; fully run by volunteers and entirely dependent on charitable donations to keep doing what we do.
Did you know:
- Samaritans of Bracknell, Ascot, Wokingham & districts are fully self-funded and run 100% by volunteers
- It costs around £25,000 each year to keep operating
- In 2018 we answered 15,231 calls
- We listened to our callers for 3728 hours
- There are over 125 local people who volunteer at our branch
Why we need your help
Samaritans work together to make sure fewer people die by suicide.
Every six seconds, Samaritans respond to a call for help. No judgement. No pressure. Samaritans are here for anyone who needs someone. Each day around 16 people take their life in the UK and Ireland. In the next hour, Samaritans will receive 600 calls for help.
Samaritans offer a confidential listening service to those having thoughts of distress or despair, including those which may lead to suicide. Our local Samaritans branch, based in Bracknell, offers support to our callers 365 days per year.